Our Baylor history network is growing! Our alumni are working in a variety of fields and developing professionally and personally. Stay connected, keep up-to-date on our events, and learn about ways to be involved with our Department of History and the Baylor alumni community below.
- Update your contact information on the Baylor Alumni Update Form
- Follow the Department of History on social media:
- Subscribe here to receive our department newsletter and other department updates
- Check out the Baylor Event Calendar
- If you are around campus, feel free to stop by and say hello--our professors and staff look forward to talking with you! Our department is located in the Tidwell Bible Building, suites 104 and 205.
Share Your Story
We want to hear your stories and stay in touch! Tell us about your achievements, career journey, historical areas of interest and what you've been learning recently, where you've traveled, and other news that you would like to share. We’ll share these stories via social media and feature them in our newsletter! Send stories, news, and photos to our Administrative Associate, Tasha Rich, at Tasha_Rich@Baylor.edu.
Guittard Book Award for Historical Scholarship
This award is open to any graduate holding a degree in History from Baylor (bachelor’s, master's, or doctoral) and any Department of History faculty who has written a book of original historical scholarship in the given year. Submissions for the 2021 award were due April 1, 2022 to the Dept. of History. We are awaiting the 2022 Guittard Book Award results.
- The History Excellence Fund provides opportunities for our majors, minors, faculty, and other students at Baylor. These opportunities include a) conference travel for our history students to present their research; b) bringing nationally-known historians and guests to campus; and c) a reception for our Guittard Book Award for Historical Scholarship recipient and for recognition of our Guittard Graduate Fellows and Undergraduate Scholarship Winners.
- The James Vardaman Endowed Scholarship Fund and Professorship Funds honor Prof. James Vardaman, who taught history at Baylor for over 30 years. Contributions to the Scholarship Fund supports a history major participating in a study abroad program; contributions to the Professorship Fund supports the James Vardaman Endowed Professor in History (currently Dr. Thomas S. Kidd) which may include salary, research needs, scholarship and travel expenses.
Check out our Recent Ph.D. and M.A. Placements page for information about our recent graduates!